Membership of Cork Craft & Design is open to makers and designers who are Cork based, or have a connection with Cork.
Members are normally registered with the DCCoI.
If not registered with DCCoI, the membership committee can recommend to the board to accept or refuse an applicant for membership, depending on the quality of the applicant's work.
Any applicant refused membership will have the right to appeal directly to the board, whose decision will be final.
Once a member is accepted into membership, she/he will continue to be a member as long as the annual subscription is paid, when due.
A lapsed member will be eligible to apply to re-join the group. Such application will be treated as a new application for membership.
The current annual membership fee is €50 per individual & €80 per couple (working in 2 different disciplines).
The board of Cork Craft and Design consider all membership applications once a month (normally on the 3rd Thursday of the month).
Benefits of CCD membership include:
1. Cork Craft and Design provides many opportunities to raise your profile and expand your CV.
2. Access to direct selling opportunities through CCD events, locally and nationally, during the year, and especially during Cork Craft Month.
3. The opportunity to submit work for prestigious Cork Craft Month exhibitions, with the opportunity to sell your work there.
4. The opportunity to apply to have your work stocked at our CCD craft shop in Douglas, Co. Cork.
5. Publicity and promotion through the press releases and photo calls throughout the year.
6. Online promotion showcasing your work through our CCD Website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, with a new CCD Pinterest account.
7. Access, support, and regular updates from administrative staff at Cork Craft and Design.
8. Access to an annual CCD photography scheme, offering subsidised photo sessions with a professional photographer, ensuring you have professional images for promotion.
9. Networking opportunities with other members.
Unlike many galleries and other organisations CCD take a minimum commission at our pop-up events, assuring the craft worker greater income.