Cork Craft & Design is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager to take a leading role in the growth of our operations in Cork.
We are seeking a candidate with the right skills and experience to take the lead in growing our membership, delivering the hugely anticipated programme in the calendar of Cork city and county that is Cork Craft Month and manage other strands of the organisation including our Maker run retail store in Douglas, Cork.
This is a unique, career defining opportunity to expand, guide and develop Cork Craft and Design’s role in the creative craft and design community. You will have an opportunity to make an impact while maintaining our established place as a leader in the Craft Sector locally and nationwide.
Join Cork Craft and Design to shape the future of Ireland’s most successful social enterprise craft organisation.
Cork Craft & Design (CCD), is a social enterprise and membership organisation, representing professional and semi-professional craft makers in Cork City & County. The organisation manages an exhibition Space & Craft Shop at Unit 27a St Patricks Woollen Mills, Douglas, Co Cork and also hold exhibitions and craft events in a number of other venues during Cork Craft Month which runs annually for the month of August. This full time permanent position is based in Douglas, Co. Cork. Reporting to: The Chair, Cork Art and Design Ltd T/a Cork Craft and Design (CCD)
Role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- -The management of Cork Craft & Designs ongoing shop and related retail activities
- -Deliver Cork Craft Month (CCM) programme, in conjunction with a coordinator and the Board of CCD Ltd. Including project management, planning and implementation of Cork Craft Month activities in multiple venues during August
- -Managing and expanding the membership and enquiries
- -Managing online marketing, website and social media
- -Preparing and distributing funding applications on behalf of the organisation
- -Attending monthly board meetings and meeting with board members on an individual basis. Organising and coordination of AGM, board meetings etc
- -Representing Cork Craft & Design and engaging with potential funders and customers at stakeholder meetings and networking events
- -Investigating and progressing strategic business development opportunities for the organisation
- -Providing reports on progress, post event and assessment reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- -Significant experience working at a similar management level
- -Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, organisational and prioritisation skills
- -Excellent IT and social media skills
- -Problem resolution skills and ability to deal with the unexpected
- -Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- -Experience of budget management and meeting income targets
- -Ability and flexibility to perform all other job-related and ad-hoc duties as required
- -Hold a valid drivers licence
Salary: Up to €35,000 per annum / commensurate with experience with review pending probationary 6 month period
Please apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and c.v. before 4pm on Wednesday 16th March.
Interviews will take place via Zoom on March 21st 2022.